Sunday 12 July 2015

Makeup Routine | Updated

Recently I was thinking about my blog and realised that this time last year, I had posted my 'Makeup Routine' (which can be found here). Since then some of the products I use have changed, some are the same and some, completely new! 

In this post I will be sharing the products I use on a daily basis and how I apply them! 

Base: 
After applying my Vivo Primer all over my face, concentrating on my T-zone, I go on to apply foundation. Recently I have been loving the L'Oreal True Match Foundation £9.99, it leaves a natural look/finish to my skin, it's light weight and super blend able, I apply it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.
Next I like to conceal underneath my eyes and have been using the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19 for a while now, using it in the colour 'light' helps to brighten under my eyes whilst it conceals. I like to use my finger to blend the product in, as I've found this works best for me.
Finally to set my foundation and concealer in place, I tend to use my Collection Sheer Loose Powder £2.99. I think this works best with oily skin for me and I use this with my Primark Powder Brush.  

Complexion:

Foundation can leave me face looking flat and lifeless, to bring it back to life I like to use bronzer and blush. 

The bronzer I use is the 2True All Over Natural Bronzing Powder £2.29. I simply apply some to the areas of my face that the sun would naturally hit using my Real Techniques Contour Brush.
The blush I use is the Makeup Revolution Blush £1, for only one pound it's so affordable for everyday where, the picture shows the blush in the shade 'Treat' which is a lovely pink/coral shade and I apply it with my Technic Blush Brush. I use a powder blush and bronzer because they work best with oily skin which I have.

Eyebrows:

I have naturally light eyebrows, so adding colour and defining them is an important part in my everyday makeup for me.
The two products I use for my eyebrows are both from Make Up Academy (MUA) and they are the Eyebrow Pencil in Blonde £1 and the Eyebrow Mascara in Fair £2. I use the pencil to outline the shape of my brows then use the mascara to add the colour and definition. I find that the most important thing when using a pencil, is to keep brushing your brows, for the most natural finish.

Finishing touches: 
To finish my makeup and bring it all together I use mascara and lip balm. My favourite mascara, as it's the only one that I find holds a curl is the Maybelline Rocket Volume Mascara in Waterproof £7.99. I always use eyelash curlers before applying as it adds a curl to my lashes and improves the look of them.
The final thing I do is apply a layer of my Carmex Moistrising Lip Balm £2.69 to soothe and moisturise my lips! 


Don't forget to follow me on...



I hope you liked this post! Do you use any of these products for your everyday makeup? 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the lasting perfection concealer and I want to try so many of these products out :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete